- Engage in the fullness of your high school experience and explore new academic opportunities.
- Learn how to use your advisor, teachers, and peers for support and inspiration.
- Create a four-year academic plan to choose courses for this year and map a tentative future path.
- College counselors meet with ninth grade students during their student life classes.
- Refine study skills and organizational habits to support success in all academic areas.
- Begin to think about how your strengths and interests might apply to future opportunities.
- Learn about career areas of interest and what different types of colleges have to offer.
- Continue to hone the four-year plan, with an eye toward graduation requirements.
- Take the PSAT for practice; learn about the future standardized testing timeline.
- College counselors meet with sophomores as a class or in small groups several times during the year. 按要求举行个别会议.
- Delve into academic topics of interest while maintaining steady progress in all courses.
- Find ways to demonstrate leadership as you present yourself in the community or in formal roles.
- 与老师建立关系, 顾问, and college counselors who will provide specific support in the college process.
- Balance your time and energy as you gain responsibility and independence in your academic, 课外, 和社会的世界.
- 以开放的心态进行大学研究! Reflect upon your interests and priorities to choose which colleges to explore.
- Consider college fit from three lenses: academic, 社会, and financial.
- Attend college information sessions hosted at vip澳门贵宾会网址 in the fall.
- 再考一次PSAT. With help from your college counselor, create a standardized testing plan.
- Develop a research list of specific colleges then hone that list. Attend information sessions and tours, virtually or in person.
- Follow the vip澳门贵宾会网址 process for requesting academic letters of recommendations.
- Complete summer work after junior year, including completing a questionnaire drafting essays.
- College Counselors meet with students as a class and in small groups several times; individual meetings begin in November and continue throughout the year.
- 追求一个有挑战性但易于管理的高三学年计划, 反映你的学术优势和兴趣.
- Stay grounded in a positive high school experience, even as your focus shifts to the future.
- Combine self-reflection and effective college research to present yourself authentically in your college applications.
- 确保你的大学名单是平衡的, demonstrating a willingness to take risks and providing solid options.
- 收到大学录取通知书后, 考虑学术, 社会, and financial elements to determine which option is the best fit.
- View graduation as commencement: the start of an exciting next step.
- 和你的大学辅导员一起工作, 最终确定申请计划(提前决定, 提早行动, Regular) and develop a realistic timeline for success on these applications.
- Create a balanced application list of 8-10 schools that will serve you well.
- Stay apprised of specific schools’ expectations for interviews, 金融援助的最后期限, 和奖学金的机会.
- Work together as a family on financial aid applications, including the FAFSA and CSS Profile.
- Complete the enrollment process at the college of your choosing, 或者考虑一下空档年的经历.
- College Counselors present application workshops in the fall, 经常与同学见面, and meet with individual students and families throughout the year.